Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Obsession: Chloe Grace Moretz

     Apparently I already have some fans, and Tamara wants me to write more. Speaking as a writer, that's probably the highest praise possible.


     So I've decided to elaborate on my uh, interest, Chloe Grace Moretz. I would say she's my idol, but not exactly. I'm just a huge fan of her movies. I'll tell you why...


  1. She's actually a pretty good actress. (Unlike some people out there, I think we can all visualize someone without too much difficulty. Let's face it, Hollywood is teeming with them.) Behold, her work in Let Me In that scared the fudge out of me. And the movie Hick, which, despite having a rather meaningless story, displays plenty of her emotional depth. (Yes, I used a BIG word!!!)


    I'm pretty sure everyone has wanted to hold up a gun (or a water pistol) to someone at some point and say something clever. Seriously, I should put that on my bucket list.

  2.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of the whole "whoa-look-at-me-I'm-a-helpless-little-girl" angle. And Chloe Grace has played some really awesome characters that kick butt. Literally.

The only eleven year old girl who plays around 
with butterfly knives like they're Barbies.
Okay, no. 
If Barbies were really treated that way, this would be a pretty screwed up
universe.
Barbies are just not supposed to have a defensive purpose.
Or any purpose, whatsoever.



I love how she's just like, "Yeah, I do this every day, beating up guys in the middle 
of an alley with a knife." And if I were her I'd choose a different outfit. 
It's not like the cape is helping her fight. 
Also, electric purple is not my color.


       3. She's made awesome cameos as totally sadistic characters who had ridiculously well plotted rivalries with a guy more than three times her age (It helps when the said guy is Alec Baldwin). 
On Tina Fey's show.
Which, everyone knows, makes that even bigger a deal.



Because everyone knows this is how you trick 9 year olds into barfing up all over national television and messing up your nemesis's TV program. 

       I'm pretty sure that there are tons of other reasons, but right now it's raining. And when it rains, this girl likes to sit down in a window somewhere to read a book. So move it along, guys, I'm losing prime reading time.

I also think I see a leftover chicken burger,




No comments:

Post a Comment