Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Males, Would You Wear a Dress?

Wow, it's been a ages since I've entered the ancient realm of Blogger.

Been even longer that I've seen a blog as awesome as this one. Honestly, I think this blog is so.......hold it, lemme use this gif to describe it for me...

fabulous llama is fabulous

*ahem* it is indeed fabulous, so I feel quite honored to be able to contribute to this blog :) thank you, Boris and Chichi, le awesome blog founders, for giving me permission to post on this blog. 

So, right. Introduction. I'm Jennifer, but people call me Jenny or Jen for short. I guess you can call me your average, sane (not too sure about that) internet surfing, nutella eating, procrastinating student. One thing I can tell you about myself is that I can get pretty clumsy and often forget about things (I'm surprised I remember to breathe everyday), like how I almost forgot to write my first post (this post.) today, or how I almost forgot that we could insert Gif files into a post..

Anyway, I should probably get on to this first post.. FYI, I have decided that every post I'll make on this blog will always start with a question. The first question I have is what a friend of mine asked me a while ago, which bothered me...

Why is it okay for girls to wear men's clothing, but it is considered socially inappropriate for boys to wear girlish clothing?

...well.

Because, as a result of having been suppressed for most of human civilization, Women have somehow begun to think that, since you treated us badly for ages, now we will call anything we can't do but men can sexist. And we will call boys wearing skirts gay. This is supposedly the logic women have acquired over the past few centuries. And this is Chichi, welcoming you to the blog in the friendliest way I know how: By trashing  ur post and waiting for you to notice that you didn't write this.
BTW, I love ur writing style... ;)

*Gasp!* A compliment from Chichi! I can die happy now.
But before that I have a post to finish. Thank you Chichi for you very profound comment, I could already guess it was you from the way you write..hehehe..

*hem* Anyway, onwards to the post!

So a gay friend of mine (not that there is anything wrong with that, I like him just the way he is) ( and well he's not exactly gay but his sexuality is still unknown up to this point), lets call him Nyan Cat or NC for now, once had a conversation with me that went sort of like this :

NC :  Hey Jen. 
Me : What.
NC : You know, sometimes, I just feel like being female.

"All right, he's gay." I thoughtBut I was later proven wrong, but that's a different story.

Me : Why on earth would you want to be a girl? 
NC : Well, first of all, parents often have higher expectations for sons than daughters, right?
Me : (That's kind of sexist, but it is true..) Hmm okay, and?
NC : The best part is you get to wear a bunch of stuff! Look at your wardrobe -- How many different types of clothing are there? 
Me : (Three. Four counting underwear.)
NC : So you girls get to walk around in fancy clothes and stuff, while we guys are forced to stick to two things; JEANS AND SHIRTS.
Me : But what about suits? Or jackets?
NC : What about suits and jackets? We live on the equator line, walking out in the sun with suits or jumpers isn't probably the best fashion choice don't you think?
Me : Fine, if you don't like it so much, why don't you go ahead and wear a dress?
NC : Fine! I will.

Of course, he didn't. But knowing Nyan Cat I'm willing to bet if I bought him a big mac and french fries he would be willing to wear a dress. I should try that sometime.
Anyway, from that short conversation I realized Nyan Cat was right : guys do tend to have more limited choice of fashion that girls. But why? 

"well, OB-viouslehh guys look like, soooooooo fugly in like, dresses, like, DUHH???!?!?"

I can't agree more, but let me present to you this image... *drumroll please
Note : The writer of this post does not hold responsibility to any cases of permanent blindness and/or sudden epilepsy seizures caused by viewing this image. 

TA-DA! MAN DRESSES!!

Oh yes, they are real. And frightening. And real. Now, I'm betting that you guys will agree that that looks absolutely horrible. And if you don't, well....I'd like to you wear that if you're a guy. But anyway, I could be evil and put, say, two or three more pictures of man dresses, but this post is getting pretty long so I won't. You can already tell that from this example, MEN WERE JUST NEVER MEANT TO WEAR DRESSES. Not that I'm being sexist, you can be a guy and go ahead and wear a dress to school -- I don't mind. But come on, it just looks plain awkward. This is because of the fact that men have bodies that are just completely different in proportion that women (and also because of whatever Chichi stated above). Women's bodies allow them to wear any kind of clothing -- suits, dresses, short shorts, long shorts, short longs, etc. -- without having an awkward-looking body proportion. Whereas guys, as you can see above, cannot do the same thing. 

So, very sorry, Nyan Cat, but your dreams of ever wearing girl clothing and still look good is probably not gonna happen very soon ;( . But you know, looking at recent fashion trends or collections, you can really see abnormal or really weird clothing designs (like the one above.) selling off lately. So, perhaps if one day men started wearing dresses on a regular basis, eventually in the far future it should become a normal thing. So there.

But guys, if you are really that desperate to be feminine, go ahead and buy one of them man-purses.


Ciaossu~



8 comments:

  1. Who is your NC friend? can I know him??
    He will be really glad he is a boy cuz I always wants to be a bald head when I'm in PE class and only guys can have bald head normally. :)
    btw, I'm Holly, Chichi's neighbor! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! XD ohoho so you read this blog too, eh :P
      Err...I can tell you than NC is in our school...Hehe, I'll tell him that!
      (and yeah, i share your feelings. Sometimes I just wanna be bald because hair is annoying. XP)

      Delete
  2. I thought Man-purses were called satchels. And Indiana Jones has managed to rock a few without being labelled as gay. But then, he does have startling man-power, whatever that's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm well, I guess it does kind of depend who's wearing it.. I mean, Chuck Norris and Indiana Jones seem to do just fine, but somehow whenever I hear the word man-purse I always imagine those Korean models who model for shops like Body doing gay poses with a purse. And make up. So there you go P:

      Delete
  3. I don't mind wearing a skirt, if there is one my size that I like. In my opinion, all the skirts suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then can you grab one of Chichi's skirts (if she has one...i've never seen her wear one..), wear it, and take a picture then post it? that would surely entertain my day, redcap :P

      Delete
    2. To be honest, I don't think she has one.

      Delete