Wednesday, July 24, 2013

'Summer' Break and the Universe

It's Adelle~! "WOOT WOOT!"
*facepalm*

So everyone's on Summer break (even though technically we're below the equator so it's Winter break, but it doesn't matter cause the weather's the same anyway) and therefore too lazy to post anything. SO I decided to post something kinda different today.

It's a poem.

God, I know. Trust me I'm not trying to be one of those deep, sentimental, touchy-feely types that sit in dark corners and contemplates the meaning of the universe. I just like working concepts and ideas out and my major way of doing that is through writing, so this time I thought I'd try and do it through poetry instead.

There's not too much rhyming (it's a bit inconsistent and don't even try to ask what kind of poem it is) so it's not too reminiscent of Dr. Seuss, thankfully. Cause' for some reason my rhyming-poems tend to lean to the children's-picture-book side of things. Don't ask me why -- I dunno. But it's inconvenient, that's for sure. I mean, you don't really want to sound like a book talking about cats and hats when writing a poem about, say, child abuse. (This actually happened. 9th Grade English class. Yeah.)

Anyway I'm blabbering. Here's the poem I guess.

If you think about the chances,
the statistical probability of us being alive,
here,
now,
today,
you would find that each life is an improbability.

Cause' seven billion is still tiny,
puny,
insignificant,
no matter what environmentalists say,
compared to everything else.

Think of me, of you.
We are just a speck in our country,
which is a spot in our world,
which is an ant in our galaxy,
a piece of lint in the universe.

So if you take into consideration
all the little things that could go wrong,
all the things that had to happen
all the way back from when the planet-galaxy-universe was created,
(don't strain yourself)
to make sure that you exist,
and the fact that there is only one you,
one individual, unique you,
in a universe of uncountable, limitless possibility,
you could argue that each person,
each life,
is their own little miracle-child.

There was no you before you existed--
there are no expectations fitted to you.
Nothing you are going through has ever happened before.
Not this way. Not like this.
So no one can judge you.

No one can say they know you,
your problems, your fears.
Or anything about you--
the reason you shed tears.

No one can know how you feel,
cause' each person's unique.
No one can know what's fake or real,
lies or truths both speak.

Each person is a mystery,
a case never to be solved,
an unprecedented situation,
one of a kind, of a different mind.

Define yourself, and live by that definition,
Let yourself be tame, loving, rebellious, wild--
Be your inner miracle-child.

Okay so it's a little touchy-feely, isn't it? Ehh.
I just didn't want this blog to turn into a wasteland of forgotten dreams over the June/July holidays. Chichi and Boris (and Jenny, who's currently in L.A.) will thank me when summer ends and the blog still has stuff going on.

But to clarify, probably the only reason I'm writing here and no one else is is because they're all traveling and I'm stuck at home with a bunch of lessons with nothing else to do but read, write, internet and work on my friend's birthday presents, not able to socialize CAUSE' EVERYONE ELSE IS TRAVELING.

Grr.

I feel so alone.

If you happen to find that the next few posts are angst-y poems or song lyrics about loneliness (All by my se-eelf. Don't wanna be, all by my self, any-moo-oore.), you know why. If there are no most posts by me this summer, I have either found something else to focus my sorrow filled days on, or I dug around in my dusty closet and found a social life. One is less likely than the other.

Goodbye, cruel cruel world.
 

8 comments:

  1. I like the miracle child verse. It sounds like something a shrink would say to someone going through a mid-life crisis, which means, "Congratulations!! You have succeeded at writing parent approved poetry for angst ridden teens. And you should submit this to Chicken Soup for the Soul, because they would publish this." I bet you could turn it into extra credit. (Though I thought you yourself was an environmentalist??)

    I bought Looking For Alaska. You're getting dibs if you haven't already bought a copy during your well-chosen absence from the ridiculous world that is summer camp. Spoiler: You will cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chichi! I'm glad the poem is shrink-approved, and Chicken Soup for the Soul is totally missing out. I'm a bit of an environmentalist, but it doesn't really apply in this sense, cause' I'm saying the population is small compared to the universe, not the world. :P

    Dibs. Dibs is mine. No, I haven't bought it and apparently it was a good choice. Is it good? (of course it's good don't answer that).
    P.S. I had already guessed I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its better than tfios. Somehow more realistic. Be back on the 6th, so you can start on 8th at the earliest. I need a day of blissful ICANSLEEPINMYOWNFREAKINGBEDANDUSEMYOWNBATHROOM. And ignore Boris. He has his own love life to think about.

      Delete
    2. 8th... Sounds good.
      I always do. :)

      Delete
    3. For the love of chocolate, Dell, answer your bloody phone. We're trying to organize some sort of back to school thing. Well, more of a stalk the new kids slash pity party, but you would be welcome to join.

      Delete
  3. Del, you sound bored there in Jakara. Why don't you go after your crush?? I mean, look his still there in the same city with you, I bet he has nothing to do and is as bored as you are. Anyway, hows life?
    Have fun
    Go after him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bored. Really bored. But no. Said crush does not exist. Like, really. It's done. Life is boring. But still, no.

      Hey did you guys take me off of the admin list? :( I like seeing the overview of the blog status. It's cool being able to keep up with who's visiting and the amount of people that viewed today.

      I will.

      No.

      Delete
    2. "Crush does not exist?" Are you trying to convince me or trying to convince your self?? If life is boring, what can you loose by going after someone who "does" exist?

      I didn't take you off the admin, chi did. I think she doesn't like you.

      Have fun hunting :)

      Delete